Bought this 3-CD/1-DVD compilation of the NY East Village comedy show whilst in New York back in 2005 (although you can really buy it from anywhere in the world on line, at any time no less, not just 2005, as it’s distributed by Comedy Central Records). It was a grand revelation of new comedic talent (okay, it was about 50/50 of greatness and crap), and I thought it’d be good to go through the list of performers and see just where they are now:
1. Bobby Tisdale - was in “You Don’t Mess With The Zohan” and is still, I believe, the real-life embodiment of Kermit the Frog.
2. Mike Birbiglia - a couple of Comedy Central specials and a CD, limited notoriety
5. Craig Baldo - he’s doing copywriting or something now
2. Aziz Ansari - his sketch troupe Human Giant had (has?) their own show on MTV and now he’s appearing with Amy Pohler on Parks and Recreation
3. God’s Pottery - appeared on last season’s Last Comic Standing where they wore themselves thin.
4. Jessi Klein - currently the director of development for Comedy Central.
5. David Wain - dude made Role Models, so he’s totally Hollywood now. As long as I don’t have to hear him sing again.
7. Tom McCaffrey - umm stuff.
8. Andrea Rosen - was on Season 2 episode of Flight of the Conchords and other minor tv things.
2. Todd Barry - was just seen in The Wrestler of all places. He’s recently been on The Sarah Silverman Program and lent his voice to bunch of Adult Swim shows and was in the final episode of season 1 of Flight of the Conchords.
4. A.D. Miles - Is now the head writer of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
5. Andy Blitz - did much work on Late Night with Conan O’Brien and Human Giant.
6. Patrick Borelli - hopefully got funnier
7. Jon Benjamin and David Cross - H. Jon Benjamin is on Important Things with Demetri Martin, he’s lent his voice to Family Guy and written/created/voiced dozens of Adult Swim cartoons. David Cross is everywhere, including an Alvin and the Chipmunks “Squeakquel”. Awww.